Coronavirus and Pets
We’re in this together.
Vets have been deemed as essential service by the Hon Damien O’Connor, details on the NZVA website.
The health and wellbeing of our team and clients is paramount and now more than ever is a time for working together in community. Given the evolving situation of Coronavirus (COVID-19) within New Zealand and across the world, we wanted to provide you with an update of the changes we’ve put in place to help do our bit to slow the spread of the virus.
We are monitoring the situation daily and will adjust our practices accordingly. We want to reassure you that there is no immediate concern for clients at our clinic. We remain open with some adjustments in our working practices.
We have lifted our health and hygiene standards even higher to keep our team and clients safe, our hygiene protocols must be strictly adhered to:
- Disinfecting public areas and toilets including handles, chair surfaces, reception bench area and front door regularly throughout the day
- Physical distancing protocols – there will be limited access to reception/waiting rooms/consult rooms, clients ringing when arriving and staying in your car until called.
- We may screen via phone and have contactless consults like telemedicine as with medical clinics.
- A strict wellness policy, employees must stay home if they are showing any signs of illness
- Please call us first as we may not be able to help with walk-in enquiries
- If you are sick or feeling unwell, please stay home if your pet is sick please call and we offer other options
- We’ve placed posters in our reception and toilet areas to remind people of good hygiene
We are limiting our services; non-essential and elective consultations, procedures and surgeries are being postponed. We will be doing our best to see all other patients but will prioritise emergency, urgent consultations and surgery.
There are several areas we are asking for help from our clients; they are:
- If you are running late, please let us know in advance so we can manage this.
- Please use non-contact payment methods and bring your own pen to complete any relevant forms.
- Purchasing food and items
Prescriptions and food will be dispensed and sold as per your normal purchasing patterns; unfortunately, we won’t allow bulk buying at this time, as it puts other pets and their owners in potential danger.
From a social distancing perspective, we are allowing one adult per pet. We will have a staff member on the door to ensure this new process. We must be firm on this to protect our staff and community.
Worried about your pet and COVID-19?
While COVID-19 seems to have emerged from an animal source, it is now mainly spreading from person-to-person. There is no evidence that any animals including pets might be a source of infection with this new virus. There have been no reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19 in New Zealand. There is also no evidence that companion animals including pets can spread COVID-19.
Should your pet develop an unexplained illness, please phone us on (03) 456 2345.
Precautionary steps to follow as a pet owner:
- Follow good hygiene when interacting with your pets.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after touching any animal.
- Avoid sharing food with your pets or letting your pets kiss or lick your face or mouth.
- Keep your pet’s vaccinations and parasite treatments up to date and maintain regular veterinary health checks.
For more information visit this website:
Thanks for your ongoing support of our clinic at this difficult time. We wish you and your family well.
The Humanimals Team
Monday - Tuesday: 8am-5pm
Wednesday: 8am - 6pm
Thursday- Friday: 8am-7pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm (Pickups, urgent and emergency cases only)
(03) 456 2345, 24/7 for emergencies